So here's the idea...I'm having a contest for the best version of the Steampunk 2172 pattern!
1. Your entry MUST include the coat from the Simplicity 2172 pattern. The coat may be modified in any way, so long as it is still identifiable as the coat from the pattern. Your entry DOES NOT need to include the skirt or bustier from the pattern to qualify. It can, of course, but it's not essential. (After all, a skirt with pleated trim isn't very unique. The jacket is the iconic piece.)
2. You can have made your outfit at any time, past or during the run of the contest, so don't worry about that.
3. You must have made your outfit yourself, or with minor assistance. Do not submit anything you paid someone else to make for you.
4. All entries must be submitted by Midnight on November 1st, 2013.
5. After November 1st, voting opens and will last for two weeks.
Their will be two winners: a Judge's Choice and Reader's Choice (more about that below.) Both will receive copies of all of the following sewing patterns, in their choice of sizes. They will also get bragging writes and a graphic showing off their victory!
Simplicity 2172, Simplicity 1819, Simplicity 1732, Simplicity 2207, Simplicity 2895 and McCall's 6770 - All steampunk ensemble patterns.
Plus, a hardcopy of all my existing sewing patterns. (4 at the moment, but I expect to add one before the end of the contest, and that will be included.)
How to Enter:
I'm going to try to make this as fair and automated as possible.
1.The best way to enter is to use the InLinkz widget below. Enter the URL for a page where everyone can see your creation. Blog posts are ideal, or deviantart pages, or any other kind of page where we can see your entry. Even a link to a photo album is fine. Select or upload a thumbnail photo, the best picture of your entry.
2. If you don't have any URL for your entry, email me up to three pictures of your entry at the email address steamingenious (@) gmail.com
How will the winner be selected?
Voting will open after November 1st. Anyone can vote, only one vote per IP address. The person who gets the most votes will be the Reader's Choice winner.
But this is my blog, and I want my opinion to matter, too. So there will also be a Judge's Choice winner chosen by me.
I MAY choose runners up and may send out some extra prizes, but that depends on the entries received and how the contest goes.
I think that's everything. Let me know if you have questions or concerns. Enter via the widget below! And PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE share with any person or community you think would be interested. I want us to have the best selection possible. Use the graphic above to spread the word!
Note: Voting will begin only after all entries are received. I didn't realize I couldn't do both at once.
UPDATE: I have added more to the prize package. See this post.
I did try to contact Simplicity Patterns prior to running this contest, and received no reply to my inquiries. All pattern rights belong to Simplicity and are their property.